Thursday, May 03, 2007

Back to Blogging

Well, it's been quite some time since I last blogged here. But now that the website makeover is complete, I have a little more time to write English instead of xhtml and CSS code. Over the next several days I'll be recounting the process we've gone through in our website transformation.

For example, while I was away from the blog I revised the "YourPanorama" web site twice. The last revision was a complete makeover. Even the name has been changed - to freshare. We pronounce it "fresh air" but you could also say "free share" as some people do because that's accurate, too. It's a citizen journalism site where visitors can share news, opinions and photos in a free exchange of information.

Freshare just seemed more like us. YourPanorama was fine but it was too long and not as descriptive of our project. Luckily, we had not branded YourPanorama to any great extent so we were early enough on in the process to make the switch.

Tomorrow, I'll talk a bit about the code behind the site and some of the resources that I found helpful.

No comments: