Tuesday, November 28, 2006

R & R

Back from a short break over the holiday and the fishing was great. The river was up on Thursday and murky from the rains earlier in the week but the trout were biting anyway. I ventured out in my chest waders and was able to get further out into the current than I thought.

Limited out (5 fish) on Thursday although I caught a total of nine and had to release a couple. A few more released themselves, that is they came loose before I could land them.

On Friday, the river was down about a foot from the previous day and the water was crystal clear. A slight rise was coming through as a damn from one of the upstream lakes was opened. Perfect conditions for trout fishing, but no bites. I cast for about an hour with no results before catching three in as many attempts. Another spell of no bites, then landed two more in quick succession to bag my limit. That's the five from Friday in the photo.

Left for home on Friday evening after dining on catfish at Fred's Fish House in Mountain Home, Arkansas. It's a great place for fish although a little pricey.

No comments: