Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wrestling with Keywords

I've been trying to come up with a productive campaign using Google AdWords for the new web site, but it's very tough to hone them down to a workable number ... a productive, workable number.

I tried the local market and got few hits. Nationwide presented plenty of hits but they were not quality page views as few people stayed on the site and no one joined as members. We have a regional news site so if Google content ads are shown to people not interested in the local area, they won't stay. One click and they're out of there.

From the data shown in my Google AdWords account, it's difficult to decipher the detail as to where the page impressions are coming from. I know most clicks arrive through Google content, but that is, apparently, not keyword based. I think the ads will work out eventually, but thisis going to require some trial and error.

No comments: